Iowa Live Bidding and Reports
This article only applies to Iowa live bidding. Other states may have a different type of live bidding. The Live Bidding page will be available when the live bidding begins for that specific county. For upcoming auction times and dates, please check out the following link: Upcoming Auctions. Also, live bidding will continue from day to day until all parcels are auctioned off. This typically excludes weekends and holidays.
Follow these steps to bid during the live auction:
1. Log in and click on the Live Bidding tab
2. Wait until the parcel you want to bid on comes up for auction
3. Place your Percent Bid amount in the "Place Bid" box
4. View your screen to see if you are winning, if you have been outbid, or if you have tied with another bidder.
5. Tied bids are broken by random number generator.
You have three options under "Reports."
1. Bidder Bid Detail: This would be a summary of the pre-bids you set before the auction goes live.
2. Bidder Purchase Detail: This would be a summary of all the parcels you won.
3. Completed Auctions: This would be a summary of all parcels that have been auctioned off. Note: this report is only available for a short time after the completion of the auction.