Frequently Asked Questions
Creating an Account and Registration FAQ
1. How do I get approved to bid?
This will typically depend on the county and state. You can begin registration typically three to four weeks before the tax sale date. However, this may vary. Once you register online for that specific county, which includes electronically signing and/or uploading any documents necessary, you should contact each county tax office in which you wish to bid to get approved for that county. You will need to arrange payment and verify how much you want to be approved for, then the county will approve you.
2. How can I see If I am approved?
When logging in to your account, you can go to "MY ACCOUNT" and click on "MY REGISTRATIONS". You will see the approval status for each county that you signed up for and the approved dollar amount.
3. Do you have to re-register each year?
You can still log in with your email and password from previous years, your profile information will be the same but you will still need to electronically sign or upload any registration documents for each county you want to bid in. You can do this by going to "MY ACCOUNT" on the left-hand toolbar and selecting "REGISTER/ADD AUCTIONS". If you need to make changes to your profile click "MY ACCOUNT" then click "PROFILE" then click save.
4. Can I register multiple companies with the same email?
No. You need to register each company with a unique email.
5. How can I add counties after I have registered?
Under "MY ACCOUNT", select "REGISTER/ADD AUCTIONS". Click Register for each county you want to bid in and electronically sign and/or upload all documents.
6. How can I delete counties after I have registered?
We can't delete out counties you signed up for, but if you are not approved for that county then your account is inactive from doing any bidding. If you are approved by the county and you don't want to be approved, you would need to reach out to that county and have them unapprove your account.
7. Are there any fees associated with registering or bidding?
No. There are no fees to register with GovEase. Only the winning bidder will have to pay the county the total purchase amount.
Pre-Bidding and Live Bidding FAQ
8. Can more than one person be logged into the same account bidding at once?
Yes. More than one person can be logged into the same profile and can bid at the same time.
9. When will the auction files be available for viewing?
Once the files from each county are loaded, we will send an email to all registered bidders, or you can log in and check the auctions tap at the top left.
10. Can I place a bid on all properties prior to the start of the live sale?
Yes. Once the list is loaded and when pre-bidding has been enabled, you can place a max overbid or minimum interest rate, depending on the county and state on all properties that you wish to bid on. Prebidding is typically available to approved bidders, a day or two before the tax sale date but that may vary. You can do this by entering individual bids on each parcel or by using the Upload Bids to do mass bidding. The mass upload bidding will not be available during the live auction hours.
11. When can I begin to enter my pre-bids? What time will pre-bidding open?
Pre-bidding / max overbid entry will not be available until the county sends us their final sale file and it is loaded into our system. An email will be sent when this is available. There is also an updates tab at the top right when you log in to your account.
12. Will I be able to see the max overbids or pre-bids placed by other bidders?
No. You will only be able to see your own pre-bids.
13. When does the auction start?
Please visit https://www.govease.com/auctions for upcoming auctions and dates
14. Can I access the auction from my mobile device?
Yes. You can access the auction website on a mobile device, tablet, or any computer that has access to the internet.
15. Is the “face value” the amount of taxes owed on the property?
Yes. Face value is the actual taxes owed on the parcel plus fees, penalties, etc.
16. Can I increase / decrease my max overbid for a parcel during the live auction?
Yes. You can increase, decrease or clear your max overbid for a parcel during the live auction. However, if you are the current winning bidder, you are responsible for the total purchase shown until you are outbid.
17. Can I bid less than face value?
No. The minimum bid is the face value amount.
18. Does the live bidding screen display the current winning bid?
Yes. The live auction screen displays the current winning overbid or current winning interest rate (depending on the auction) for the parcel that is being auctioned.
19. Where is the base tax shown during bidding?
It will be listed as the “Face Value”. The Face Value also includes any fees/penalties.
20. What is the sequence order for listing?
This will vary from county to county. Typically how you see the parcel list on the Auctions page, is how it will go into the live auction.
21. On auction day, is only one parcel offered at a time?
Yes. One parcel is auctioned off at a time for each county. If for some reason there is a change, all bidders will be notified by email.
22. How are ties broken?
A tie bid will be determined by the first person to place the bid for most auctions. This includes ties on max overbids entered prior to the beginning of the auction. For 0% tied bids in Alabama, the tie is broken by random number generator.
23. Will I be able to download the post-auction final sale list?
Yes. You can purchase the final sale results from www.sellfy.com/govease.
24. Can you upload bids?
Yes. You can navigate to “Upload Bids” and follow the instructions. This is optional and really comes in handy if your pre-bidding on hundreds or even thousands of parcels at a time. Uploading bids is not available during live auction hours.
25. How do I look up a parcel number or owner for a particular property in a specific county?
On the "AUCTIONS" page, use the Search/Filter to search for a particular parcel number, unique # or owner name in a specific county.
26. If I am approved for $20,000 and I prebid for a total of $20,000, can I continue to bid?
Yes. You can prebid above your approved amount. The approved dollar limit only applies towards won auctions / purchases. After you reach your limit on purchases, your pre-bids will not be entered during the live auction unless you contact the county to have your limit raised. This is dependent on the county. It is up to the tax collecting official if they want to raise your approval amount.
27. When I set a max overbid, and someone else places a bid, will the system then place my max amount as the current winning bid?
No. The system will only bid $1 over other bids until it reaches your set max overbid amount. This is dependent on the county. Fremont County Colorado will be in $5 increments. For Alabama auctions, our system will bid 1% below the other bidder's interest bid down to your minimum interest bid you set.
28. How do I bid just Face Value / Taxes Owed?
You can bid on a parcel at face value by entering $0 into the Place bid. For Alabama auctions you are not overbidding at all, you are bidding the minimum interest rate your willing to accept for that parcel.
29. What happens when there is no bid placed on a parcel?
That depends on the county/state. Give the county a call.
30. Do I have to log in during the live auction if I have already set my max overbids during prebidding?
No. Once you have your max overbids placed, our system will bid for you during the live auction up to the max overbid or minimum interest rate (Alabama) you set.
31. If I bid a max overbid and someone outbids me during the live auction, do I still owe the county anything?
No. Only the winner of the parcel owes the county the total purchase amount.
32. If I leave a check at the county courthouse, does that mean they will bid for me online?
No. You are responsible for placing bids on your account online.
33. Will I be notified when my parcel is coming up for auction
No. But you can view upcoming parcels on the live bidding page. Also, depending on the order of the sale for that particular county, you may be able to follow along by alphabetical order or parcel number order. It will depend on the county for their order of sale.
Training and Auction Information FAQ
34. How can I watch the online webinar again?
You can register for another webinar by going to https://www.govease.com/help. Also, there is a knowledge base https://govease.helpscoutdocs.com/ that has training articles and videos you can watch at any time.
35. How can I see what counties are participating online with GovEase and when?
Visit our website and click on the Auctions tab at the top of page. This page will provide a list of counties and the date they will be participating as of now. This may be updated periodically.
36. Will all the counties run their auctions at the same time?
Depends on the county/state. Please visit https://www.govease.com/auctions
37. Can I see a running total of my wins while the auction is in progress?
Yes. You can view the total parcels won and the amount spent at the top right on the Live Bidding page. You can also run reports anytime via the reports menu and click bidder purchase detail then filter by county and state.
38. What type of documents will be available after the auction?
Under "REPORTS", you can see multiple reports that will give you a summary and detail of your purchases. You can also export these files into a CSV Excel file or PDF